Name: Matt and Billie French
1. Age: Billie – 29, Matt – 30
2. When did you become a member at CF WOR?
Billie: March 7, 2015
Matt: August 2015
3. Have you noticed any changes – physical or mental – since starting CrossFit? If so, what?
Billie: Definitely physical and mental changes have occurred. I feel better all around!
Matt: Yes, physically I have lost weight and hurt in so many places I didn’t know I could. Haha
4. What were your thoughts after your first CrossFit workout?
Billie: I thought, these people are crazy but I kind of like it
Matt: Holy crap I think I’m going to die. I couldn’t wait to walk out the door.
5. When did you realize CrossFit is right for you?
Billie: When it became part of my dreams at night, lol!
Matt: When my wife made the decision for me and wouldn’t let me quit
6. What is your favorite CrossFit exercise? Least favorite?
Billie: Any kind of squats! My least favorite would have to be any sort of running and pullups
Matt: I like to run and do overhead squats. My least favorite is wall ball shots…or anything with the word wall in it
7. What motivates you during a WOD?
Billie: Knowing that every WOD is a chance to improve my body, mind, spirit, and attitude. Don’t get me wrong, there are days that I “just don’t feel it.” But there is a little voice that says just keep moving…oh wait, that’s LaMonte’s voice…
Matt: Failure…I don’t want to “fail” so I keep pushing through.
8. What goals do you have for yourself as a CrossFitter?
Billie: To keep trying new things and to always be an inspiration to someone even if it is just one person…I feel like God has placed me here
for a reason and it’s not just to be fit physically but spiritually, emotionally, and socially.
Matt: To keep improving not only in myself but others around me
9. What do you think sets CrossFit apart from other forms of fitness?
Billie: Definitely the community aspect, coaches, and the other athletes that become family.
Matt: CrossFit makes you feel more like a family. There is always someone encouraging you.
10. What advice would you give people just starting CrossFit?
Billie: Don’t compare yourself to others, all bodies and lifestyles are different. Also, results do not happen overnight. So be patient and consistent!
Matt: Don’t QUIT. Everything great takes time.
11. What is something no one knows about you?
Billie: I get super nervous before every workout! Eeeek, like about to pee myself nervous, lol
Matt: I want to be like Milton when I grow up.
12. If you created a WOD and named it after yourself, the workout would be:
Billie: Break Yo Legs: 3 rounds – 50 air squats, 40 situps, 30 bar weighted lunges (65/35), 20 situp, 10 front squats (95/65)
Matt: Out of breath: 3 rounds – 800m run, 10 pullups, 10 air squats, 10 situps, 10 pushups, 10 half burpees