[et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ _builder_version=”3.0.47″][et_pb_row _builder_version=”3.0.47″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”3.0.47″ parallax=”off” parallax_method=”on”][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.0.47″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat”]
By LaMonté Styles
Yesterday, I posed a question in FaceBook land: How much weight would you like to lose in 2018? A. 1-10lbs B. 11-25lbs C. 26-75lbs D. +75lbs E. Gain weight. Almost 50 people responded with a specific answer, hundreds more were afraid to comment. Many of you might be in the same boat: “I want to lose this weight and get healthy, but I want that every year and I never attain my goal.” Well my friend, here are 3 things that you can do to help you lose the fat…for real this time.
- Eat More – I know this doesn’t sound right. Everything you’ve ever heard has said that fewer calories equal less weight. Well here’s the even more confusing fact: fewer calories do equal less weight.
It doesn’t equal less fat.
Weight is not your enemy, fat is. Caloric deficit eating (cutting calories) in many cases reduces muscle more than fat. Have you ever heard the phrase “skinny fat?” This is a condition where someone may be super skinny and “look” healthy but in fact, they may have the same body fat percentage as someone who is 30 pounds overweight because they have no muscle mass on their body.
Find out what your Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) is. In many cases, the change you need to make is NOT in how much you’re eating, but in what you eat. Your BMR will give you the number of calories you should be eating a day to maintain your health and not starve your body.
Get on a good body composition scanner and get the real data that will help you figure this out: www.cfwor.com/inbody
When you cut calories, you’re telling your body to hold onto as much fuel as possible and store it as fat. Start eating good, balanced, nutrition meals. Don’t hold back.
2. Get more weight training – Cardio addicts, those people that spend an hour on the elliptical or run on the treadmill all day in the “Fat Burn” zone…ya, sorry but that only works to a point.
Here’s a little secret, the “Fat Burn” zone works best if there are muscles being used to do the actual fat burning. What you haven’t been told is that cardio doesn’t burn fat. Muscles burn fat. The more muscle you have, the more fat you’ll burn. This means two things:
1. You need to train with weight in order to build muscle mass. If you do this the right way you will burn fat while you do it. This is called “winning.”
2. As you build muscle you will see your fat % drop and your workouts become more effective because there is more demand from you body to use the fat it has as fuel.
Cardio all you want, unless you are also doing weight training, you’re wasting your time.
3. Don’t look for a short-term fix – Get over the fact that it will take time and it will take effort. The worst thing you can do is try to shortcut the process by using shakes, supplements, wraps, or who knows what else is out there that will help you “lose weight in 60 days” or give you “3 secrets to getting a flatter stomach.”
You want the secrets. It’s only two things. Here they are for FREE:
1. Maintain a diet of meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar.
2. Regularly perform functional movements (exercise) at high intensity and with variety (variety of duration, variety of weights, variety of movements)
That’s it folks! Eat the way nature intended, and move your body the way nature intended. Move yourself, move weight, move fast, move slow. Bottom line: get your muscles involved, get your heart rate up and do it regularly.
4. Ask a professional for help – So you have a goal (remember the question at the beginning with answers A-E?). And now we have laid out 3 action steps that you can take to achieve that goal. Here’s the deal: Goals are pipe dreams without action. Action is a pipe dream without a plan. A dream without a plan is a wish. Don’t let your 2019 goals and resolutions be the same as they are this week! Actually attain your goals so that you can have bigger, better goals next year! We can help – a conversation about goals is the framework of our passion. We are available to chat, for free, whenever it works for you! We can provide help, we can create a path, a plan of attainment specifically for you! All you have to do is come chat – click HERE to schedule.
[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section][et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ _builder_version=”3.0.92″][et_pb_row _builder_version=”3.0.92″][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”3.0.47″ parallax=”off” parallax_method=”on”][et_pb_button button_url=”https://cfwor.com/no-sweat-intro/” button_text=”SCHEDULE YOUR NO-SWEAT INTRO” button_alignment=”center” _builder_version=”3.0.92″ custom_button=”on” button_text_color=”#ffffff” button_bg_color=”#279ebc” button_font=”||||||||”][/et_pb_button][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section]