3. When did you become a member at CF WOR?
The day it opened.
4. Have you noticed any changes – physical or mental – since starting CrossFit? If so, what?
I have noticed lots of changes physically. It started after the first nutrition challenge. But after one year at CF WOR, I am down 19 lbs, and 4 inches in my waist. I have noticed significant changes in the amount of weight I can lift in workouts and while finding my maxes. Mentally depends on the day really. But I have grown in confidence while I am at the box and outside of it. The box has forced me to be more social with the people around me, which has always not been my strong suit.
5. What were your thoughts after your first CrossFit workout?
How am I going to do this again tomorrow?’ It was so much harder than what I had expected. And I was in a lot worse shape than I thought.
6. When did you realize CrossFit is right for you?
I realized it was right for me when I saw myself getting stronger, and healthier. This was when I realized I could walk up a flight of stairs without being completely out of breath.
7. What is your favorite CrossFit exercise? Least Favorite?
My favorite is the weight lifting. My least favorite is the running, even though I know it is good for me.
8. What motivates you during a WOD?
Knowing at the end I want to be proud of what I just completed. If I decide to cut down on scale something lower then what I set out to do, I won’t feel as accomplished.
9. What goals do you have for yourself as a CrossFitter?
My goal is to compete; I don’t plan to win anything. I just want to compete against some amazing athletes.
10. What do you think sets CrossFit apart from other forms of fitness?
The results are right in front of you. And when you walk into the box, it doesn’t matter what size you are or your fitness level, anyone can do it. And the atmosphere, it’s like a family. You can meet someone on the street who does CrossFit somewhere else and talk like you’ve been friends for awhile. My first challenge I had a classmate that went to a different box, but had heard me talking about my challenge. He started checking in on me each week at class to see how I was doing.
11. What advice would you give people just starting CrossFit?
Don’t worry about what you look like doing the movements or how everyone else is lifting more or doing more. We all started somewhere and have all struggled with a certain part of CrossFit. I can’t say it gets easier. You will just get stronger. So keep pushing and moving.
12. What is something no one knows about you?
I’ve struggled with my weight since the fourth grade. I’ve gone from one extreme to the other. I have been way under a healthy weight and way over. CrossFit has slowly helped me even it out. I still have a point I want to be at but I am actually comfortable in my own skin.
I love to be bake. I love trying and experimenting with recipes.
13. If you created a WOD and named it after yourself, what would it be?
There’s already an Angie workout. But If I had one after me specifically. It would be something like;
Toes 2 Bar